With the beginning of 2016 approaching and thoughts set on New Year’s resolutions (I know, I know – you either love goal setting for the new year or you don’t), I’m feeling nostalgic of training days of yesteryear. I’ve lost my triathlon mojo for a while now and I miss it. That is why I’m starting up a FREE online Ironman challenge and I want you to join me!
So, here’s how it will work…
- Join the Facebook group and upload the Ironman Challenge tracking worksheet (coming soon)
- Starting Jan 1, begin tracking the distance you cover in swimming, biking and walking or running or a combination walk/run
- Go at a pace that feels appropriate to you. It does not matter how fast or slow you go. Every stroke, revolution and step counts
- This community of like-minded athletes (YES, everyone is an athlete) is body-positive and weight neutral. If your focus is on weight loss and diet talk, this may not be the group for you. This challenge is about moving our bodies and finding positive, non-aesthetic outcomes to our achievements
- Participate online via our Facebook group – ask questions, post inspiring quotes, pictures and share your experiences and/or thoughts on how the challenge is working for you
- Have fun!
- From time-to-time, I’ll post some supplemental videos and/or activities to keep the challenge fresh and interesting
- Stay safe and listen to your body. Doing too much in one day/week can bring about fatigue and injury. Steady increases to the distances you cover each week, plus regular self-care, will help keep you in the game. I’ll post suggested guidelines as we get started
- And, most importantly…HAVE FUN!
- Remember to track your distances
- The goal of this month long challenge is that by Jan 31st you will have completed a total of 70.3 miles – an Ironman!
- Here is the breakdown:
- 2.4 miles/3.9km swimming
- 112 miles/180km biking and
- 26.2 miles/42.2km running/walking
- And then we start back up again in Feb 😉
Commit – Inspire – Play – Complete – that is all there is to it! So, are you in? It is simple to join, simply by clicking on this link, that will bring you to our Facebook page. We look forward to welcoming you to our virtual, body-positive Ironman Team!